The Matcha craze doesn’t seem to be going anywhere (we hope not!), and as much as we love those iced Matcha lattes, the truth is that with this hot weather the one thing we want to be sipping on is some ice cold refreshing lemonade. So why not make an amazing iced Matcha mint tea lemonade? You might as well enjoy all the health benefits that come from one cup of Matcha (antioxidants and energy boost hello!) while you lay out and catch some serious vitamin D!
MATCH MINT ICED TEA LEMONADE
1 tsp of high-grade matcha powder PANATĒA
1 Japanese ceramic matcha bowl
1 chasen (bamboo whisk)
2 Cups of cold water
½ cup of hot water (175 degrees)
2 tbsp of Agave
a bunch of mint leaves
1. First, add the matcha powder to your ceramic bowl. Start by breaking the powder with your spoon ( you can use a strainer to make it more smooth) to make sure there are no clumps. Add the ½ cup of hot water into the bowl and using the chasen, whisk the tea. Whisk lightly and smoothly for about 15 seconds, always making a slight “M” or “W” shape. The tea will begin to froth and turn bright green. Set aside.
2. Dissolve the 2 tbsp of Agave into to the hot matcha.
3. Slice the lemons and squeeze juice.
4. In a jar, add the 2 cups of cold water, the Matcha, the lemon juice and some chopped mint leaves.
5. Pour Matcha mint iced tea lemonade into glasses with ice cubes and enjoy the most refreshing and healthiest drink you will have all summer!
*PANATĒA Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tin, Japanese Ceraminc Bowl, and Bamboo Whisk available at our Grass Roots Juicery Retail Location.